Monday, March 21, 2005

busy week

This past Thursday I caught the US premiere of Mughal-e-Azam at the Writer's Guild Theatre. Read all about it here. I attended the show with my numerologist and the winner of a Pat Benatar look-alike contest. It just happens that my numerologist is an expert on Bollywood films and the look-alike is a director of photography, so I was able to get some unique insight and crash the after-party for some good Indian food.

This was all in the middle of Fashion Week LA. I think I liked Fashion Week better when shows were staged in the piss-soaked alleys of downtown Los Angeles. Maybe it had more to do with going to Score's afterwards for Bloody Marys, maybe because I could walk or ride my scooter to the shows. Read about some of it in "go frock yourself".

I was supposed to go out with that documentarian/director guy tonight to see Millions, the new Danny Boyle film. But he called early last night to reschedule. He's been working on a music video this weekend, but the rain pushed their schedule back (damn you rain!). They tried to play catch-up today, but they lost the light and have to finish up tomorrow night. Sigh. But he asked if we could reschedule for the weekend rather than a school night, so I guess that's good that he didn't want to settle for a lousy slot during the week. Was it really the rain, or did he see right through my bullshit?

Bob Geldof and Celia are the worst-dressed couple, ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home