Saturday, March 26, 2005

met another guy

I think he was one of only two straight men at Club L this past Tuesday. We were there for karaoke night with one of my favorite cousins and a bunch of queens. He was shooting pool with my brother (the other straight guy) and asked if we were "together". My brother said, "She's my sister." He perked right up and laid his rap on me. He wasn't clumsy and he wasn't slick, he actually had a pretty good rap. He just moved here from New Jersey and he didn't know where he wanted to live yet, so he was staying in different hotels, trying out different neighborhoods. I suggested he stay out of the Valley (I admit it, I'm a snob) and try downtown Los Angeles. Jersey mentioned that he stayed at Checkers for a few days before he moved to another hotel. I wish I could remember what else we talked about, but I was so heavily medicated and drunk, I didn't retain much.

He kept trying to chat me up more, but it was difficult to get me off the mic as I was determined to punish the audience with my rendition of 10cc and Donny Osmond songs. So he gave his email address and phone number to my brother and asked him to give it to me. How cute is that? I was getting ready to hit a painfully high note when he walked past me and the stage, waving goodbye. It was a school night, so I guess he didn't want to stick around until someone wrestled the mic away from me. I guess he passed some sort of test because my brother gave me his info at the end of the evening. How cute is that?

So I invited him to my birthday party this Saturday. I hope he shows up, but I could've scared him off with that high note. It was a little off and I think feral dogs were circling the building. If you want to know how we wound up at Club L, read this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home