Friday, February 18, 2005

deviant art in a hangar in santa monica

The 2005 deviantART Summit happens on June 17 and 18 at the Barker Hangar in Santa Monica. So we have a little bit of time to clear the calendar. I'm not that familiar with the organization, but supposedly it's the largest art community in the world,with 1.1 million members worldwide, more than nine million pieces of art and one of the largest audiences on the world wide web. Who knew?

They have something like 30,000 new pieces of art uploaded every day to their site. The summit strives to be a real life replication of what happens at deviantART everyday, with galleries featuring many kinds of art -- from anime to literature, digital art to flash, photography to pixel art -- as well as seminars, panels and instructional sessions. Artists will get tips on how to break into the big time from speakers in the gaming, film, and publishing industries.

Tickets are $40 for two days, but according to the site, that price will increase until the day of the event. I couldn't find a schedule for that, but tickets at the door will be $125. I think I want to go, but of course I won't want to commit until right before and by then I don't think I'll be forking out $125. Hmmm...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home