Thursday, March 31, 2005

was it my perfume?

Jersey never showed up at my birthday party this past Saturday because he never got my email. I was going to email him some information about the downtown housing tour but I called him instead. So he asked me to lunch and if I would show him around town. So today's the day. I don't have a thing to wear, I hate my hair and I have no idea where we should go for lunch.

Last night I was getting ready to head out to Cole's for the triumphant return of I See Hawks in L.A., and my phone was ringing off the hook. The good news is I have a date for tomorrow night (guy from my party, from left field!) and for drinks on Tuesday night with longtime ex (the young buster). I finally got out of the penthouse and was walking to Cole's, two different men pulled over to tell me it wasn't safe for me to walk alone at night. One guy in a Mercedes said he'd follow me at a safe distance to make sure I got to wherever I was going safely.

Once inside, it was all good. The joint was jumping, lots of music fans out to support the Hawks. That guy who made the awkward pass at me during the last Downtown Art Walk came in. Awkward. I just kept drinking my beer and eating my yummy french dip sandwich. That awful writer who I saw at The Smell this past Sunday was also in the house. I wanted to take him out back and pummel him mercilessly for his crimes against writing. I guess he recognized me because he kept jocking me. Other guys who have hit on me at one time or another kept coming in. More beer, please! Note to self: don't go to Cole's by yourself again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home