Friday, April 08, 2005

Star Wars nerds, drugs and the hustle

I think the world just ate a big bowl of crazy. By now you probably have heard all about the Star Wars fans who are lining up in front of Grauman's for the May 19th release date, even though it isn't playing there. Blogs have been tracking their activities, followed by mainstream media. But check out what they're doing on Craigslist.

As if that weren't crazy enough, yesterday the FDA pulled Bextra off the market. That's not the crazy part.

Whatever you were doing this weekend, cancel it. Go watch Kung Fu Hustle. If you have weak rectal muscles, wear Depends. You may soil yourself, you will laugh so hard. You have never seen a film like this. Laugh, I thought I'd die. It's a romp! I attended the midnight screening at the Arclight and I haven't been able to sleep since. Great fight choreography, by Master Yuen Wo Ping, who choreographed The Matrix movies, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, and Kill Bill V1 & V2. Additional choreography also by Sammo Hung. I screamed in glee at the screen, clapping my hands like a fucktard. It was that good. Here's what the critics say. But fuck what anyone else says, go see it yourself. Call in sick, drop everything. What are you doing still reading this?! Go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home