Thursday, March 31, 2005

no lunch and no Vegas

Jersey had to cancel our lunch and downtown Los Angeles tour plans. He's trying to open a restaurant in Los Angeles and was waylaid by meetings with financiers. Oh well. Now what do I do about lunch? Minutes later, I got a call from AE, he can't go to a special midnight screening of Sin City at the Arclight (which has since sold out), he's doing a 24-hour turnaround to Las Vegas and do I want to go? Hell yeah!

So I scramble, trying to get my act together and take it out of town when I realize that I promised to attend a showcase for Violet Brown's latest signing, Coffey Anderson, at the Temple Bar in Santa Monica tonight. Sigh. Normally I'd say "screw it, I'm going to Vegas", but I've punked out on Violet so many times I couldn't do it again. So I called AE back and told him to go on without me. No Vegas, no lunch date and I have to go west of La Brea (ugh).

So now the most important decision I'll have to make all day - French, Italian, Mexican, or dim sum for lunch? Life is hard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home