Tuesday, January 18, 2005

cocktails over drugs

I am unable to spend more than five consecutive days in New Orleans. I once spent five days there. Not for Mardi Gras, JazzFest, or anything like that. I did attend a Vic Damone concert and hung out with Stevie Wonder's band, but that's another story. I ate and drank my way through that city and by day five I had enough.

On December 1, 2004, The Museum of the American Cocktail opened for business. And as if that weren't enough, in January 2005, the museum moves to its temporary home, on the second floor of the New Orleans Pharmacy Museum. Now that's synergy.

It's been almost a year now since I had my last Vitamin V (Vicodin washed down with vodka - I never like crushing the Vicodin and mixing it into vodka, though I did crunch the Vicodin up in my mouth before washing it down with Ketel One). Okay, maybe a few months, but it feels like a year. I still remain a fan of the concoction (I loved that warm, fuzzy, post-sex buzz that you get from Vitamin V, sort of like the buzz you get while drunk and on medical, but better because you can do it in public - unless you're on the rooftop of the downtown Standard, in which case, anything goes), but I just stopped doing Vitamin V about the time my new roommate went bobbing for V in my cleavage one night. Yeah, that's another story for later, too. I wonder if the museum will have an exhibit that incorporates the offerings of their neighbor downstairs?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home