Friday, January 07, 2005

"when i cry, all i get is wet..."

The radio stations are all playing "rain" songs. So literal, so unimaginative.

I took a walk in the rain today. It was really coming down hard and yet there was quite a bit of pedestrian traffic. I'm still feeling this horrible cold, but I figured I'd be okay if I dressed as if I were at Sundance and carried a huge umbrella.

It looked like I was the only one carrying a black umbrella. Everyone else had these wonderful multi-colored things- striped ones, floral designs, and another with clouds against a blue sky. I need to get a new umbrella, this shoe umbrella from the Metropolitan Museum of Art Store certainly addresses one of my favorite obsessions. Speaking of my favorite obsessions, have you checked out Manolo's Shoe Blog? Hilarious.

Back to umbrellas - I've always thought Van Gogh's Starry Night would look great on an umbrella.

How ridiculous would I be if I got one of these umbrellas with a matching dog umbrella? My friends are trying to talk me into getting a lap dog rather than another Siberian Husky. If I did the dog umbrella thing, I wouldn't blame my dog if he bit me.

On my way back home from my walk, I saw the only other black umbrella on the streets. This older woman was about to cross the street when a big gust of wind blew half of her umbrella inside out. The wind was so strong it tore the cloth from the spine of the umbrella. She took one look at the thing, yanked the cloth clean off and wrapped it around her head. As I passed by her, she gave me this triumphant look. The rain wasn't going to keep her down. Then five Hispanic men with huge cowboy hats turned the corner. I love my neighborhood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home