Saturday, January 08, 2005

we need more light

New Year's Eve 2004, Paris Las Vegas



By looking up at the fireworks (which was mediocre at best), I was able to ignore the guy who kept hitting on me (who was also mediocre at best). He had the worst rap ever! I was trying to be kind because no one wants to be shut down soundly in front of their friends on New Year's Eve, but he was so bad at it. So I kept looking at the fireworks, oohing and aahing without any trace of sarcasm. I didn't think there'd be anyone I'd want to kiss at midnight, but he was ridiculous. At least I didn't have to deal with the hobbit who was jocking Sandra. He just kept staring at Sandra, trying to work up the nerve to throw a lame line at her. Like the ones the mediocre guy threw at me. After an hour of lame lines, he still didn't get it. I told him he'd have more luck with someone in a halter top with a bad perm rather than me. That would cause you or most reasonable people to sound retreat, right? No, not this diehard. His last and most desperate plea was something like, "Is there any chance of you coming home with me tonight?" Heart, be still.

Here's a picture of Giselle, Sandra (in front), me, and Nick in front of New York, New York. Guess who was drunk. Winner gets a date with me. Runner-up gets two dates with me.




This is us earlier in the evening in the lobby of the MGM Grand. That's Nick, Sandra in front with her back to us, Camille partially hidden behind her, and me. I don't remember taking this picture or what I was thinking when I got dressed that night.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home